Are you a young adult, aged 18 to 30, and passionate about discussing trade and development? Consider applying to participate in the UNCTAD Youth Forum. As part of the World Investment Forum (WIF), the 4th UNCTAD Youth Forum will be held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, from October 16th to 20th, 2023, under the theme “For Planetary Prosperity.” This is an excellent opportunity for young individuals to engage in debates with like-minded peers from across the globe. Don't miss out on this chance to join the conversation for UNCTAD Youth Forum in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Table of Contents
UNCTAD Youth Forum in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Objectives of the Forum
- Encourage the sharing of perspectives and the creation of a network of upcoming influencers from various regions of the globe.
- Encourage active engagement between young people and prominent figures striving towards the fulfillment of the Sustainable Development Goals. This will provide young individuals with an opportunity to voice their opinions on topics of significance and suggest areas where they would like to see further progress.
- Increase recognition of initiatives led by young people and explore ways to amplify youth participation in sustainable development initiatives.
Programme of the Forum
In the present scenario, the world is standing at a critical juncture and grappling with numerous intricate challenges that have emerged from the prolonged COVID-19 pandemic. The global economic slowdown, coupled with the energy crisis, has further aggravated the issue and worsened the inequalities across the globe. Climate change and environmental degradation are other major challenges that continue to concern the world, particularly the developing nations. The recent pandemic has highlighted the need for collaboration as a crucial aspect of tackling global crises and creating a better future for humanity.
To build a resilient global economy, it is essential to involve young people in creating a more connected multilateral system. The UNCTAD Youth Forum aims to bring together youth from different parts of the world to share local and global experiences, ideas, and best practices. It will serve as a platform to present the perspectives of young people to a broader audience at the World Investment Forum through various activities like deep dive sessions, Youth o'clocks, creative problem-solving workshops, youth-led projects, and networking events. Additionally, participants of the forum will also have the opportunity to attend the World Investment Forum.
UNCTAD will pre-select forum participants, who should meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Be able to speak and understand English.
- Have experience (from studies or work) in the areas of UNCTAD’s work/focus. Evidence of projects related to trade and development (academic and professional) will be considered as experience in the field. Participants will then be invited to describe their experiences in a video.
Complete the online application form and make sure to include a brief video (not exceeding two minutes and only in mp4 format) elaborating on your drive to attend the UNCTAD15 Youth Forum. You are encouraged to exhibit creativity and originality in your video.
As mentioned below, upload the video to either YouTube or Vimeo.
- Sign into your YouTube account.
- Click on Upload at the top of the page.
- Select the video you would like to upload.
- Click Publish to finish uploading. Set the video privacy setting to Unlisted.
- Click done to finish the upload and click Share to privately share your video.
- Sign into your Vimeo account;
- Click the “Upload Video” button which is located on the home page of the site; 3. 4. 5.
- Once you click the upload link, you will be taken to the upload page;
- Click the “Choose a File to Upload” button which will launch an upload dialog box.
- Choose the file that you want to upload and then click on “Select”.
The UNCTAD Youth Forum targets young individuals from various parts of the world. Selection for the forum will be based on fair representation across different regions, gender equality, diverse backgrounds (including age, field of study, and other experiences), and the quality of supporting materials submitted along with the application, such as the originality of the video. The UNCTAD committee will be responsible for selecting participants for the Youth Forum. Candidates who have been selected will receive notification no later than August 31, 2023. Once the selection process is finalized, an announcement will be made on social media.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2023