The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), which is the biggest German organization for scholarship programs and other exchanges supported by the German government, is offering the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship for the 2023-24 academic year in Germany. This scholarship is open to students from developing countries who wish to pursue a master's degree at top universities in Germany. The scholarship is fully funded, which means that all expenses related to the program will be covered. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you are encouraged to apply for this excellent opportunity. Checkout Fully Funded: Fulbright Scholarship 2023-24 in United States
The German government, through the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), will cover all the costs associated with the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship. This means that the scholarship is fully funded and all expenses related to the program will be taken care of.
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship is one of the most well-known and financially rewarding scholarships for international students in Germany. It is open to applicants from developing countries who wish to pursue their studies at German universities. The language of instruction for the program will be English. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you are encouraged to apply for this prestigious opportunity.
Table of Contents
DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship 2023-24 Details:
|Funded by:||Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development|
|Degree level:||Masters Degree|
|Scholarship coverage:||Fully Funded|
|Eligible nationality:||All Nationalities|
|Last Date:||31 July 2023|
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship offers international students in Germany fully funded scholarships that cover all expenses. Here are some of the benefits that come with this scholarship:
- Monthly stipend of 931€
- Contribution to health insurance in Germany
- Round trip appropriate travel allowance
- Study and research subsidy
- Monthly rent subsidy (where applicable)
- Allowances for spouses and/or children (where applicable)
- 6-month German language course (compulsory for those attending a master's course taught in English). The language course takes place at selected institutes in Germany and not at the universities of the selected master's programs.
Duration & Start Date
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship's duration for the master's program is either one or two years, depending on the university. Typically, the study programs commence in September or October 2023.
Available Study Fields
Below are the details regarding the course name, university name, duration, and language of instruction.
Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg: Analysis and Design of Social Protection Systems
Universität Duisburg-Essen: Master of Development and Governance
Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
Universität Magdeburg: Peace and Conflict Studies
Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit- Organisations
Universität Passau: Development Studies
Universität Passau: Master of Governance and Public Policy
Universität Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)
Note: Please this is Important to Note. You can apply to Maximum of the 2 Universities & 2 Courses Listed Above.
List of Eligible Countries
The scholarship is available to people from developing nations who are interested in pursuing studies in social sciences, political sciences, law, economics, and public administration. Click Here to Check whether You are Eligible.
The following is a list of the documents that one must provide to apply for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship 2023:
- Completed and hand-signed DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships (electronically edited is acceptable)
- Hand-signed and dated motivation letter (two pages maximum) that explains academic/professional and personal reasons for choosing those master´s programmes and universities. This must be a single letter for both universities.
- Hand-signed and dated full curriculum vitae that includes information about your field of study, your political and social engagement, and job experience if applicable.
- Copies of your academic degrees (certified translation if necessary) and an explanation of the grading system.
- Copies of your transcript of records (certified translation if necessary).
- Recent language certificates for German and/or English.
- One signed and recently dated letter of recommendation from a university professor or current employer. This letter should be on official letterhead and have a stamp (not in a sealed envelope).
- If applicable, certificates of employment that provide documentary evidence to support relevant professional experience mentioned in your CV.
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship
- Applicants must have a first university bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- The most recent university degree should have been obtained within the last six years.
- The scholarship is open to graduates in social sciences, political sciences, law, economics, and public administration from developing countries.
- Applications must be submitted in German or English.
- Applicants must take a language test.
- Each master's course has additional requirements that the applicant must fulfill.
The deadline for submitting an application for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship in Germany for the year 2023-24 is July 31st, 2023.
How to Apply for Helmut Schmidt Scholarship
- Complete the DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships (annex 2) once, specifying which study course is your first and which is your second priority.
- Write a single letter of motivation that explains your first and second priority choices for both university courses.
- Send the completed DAAD scholarship form and letter of motivation, along with the required documents listed below, to the two universities you've selected. Do not send it to DAAD.
The necessary documents include:
- Certified copies of your academic degrees and transcripts
- Recent language certificates for German and/or English
- A signed and recently dated letter of recommendation from a university professor or employer
- A hand-signed and dated curriculum vitae
- An explanation of the grading system if necessary