WhatsApp announced that their users can now transfer their entire chat history from Android to iOS and vice versa. The feature, which was initially showcased at last year’s Galaxy Unpacked event, allows users to transfer their chat history from WhatsApp third-party apps or lose it when changing platforms. Beta updates initially made this feature available. Unfortunately, WhatsApp call and payment history still aren’t transferred.
WhatsApp published a tweet announcing the availability of the new mobile migration feature. The FAQ page for transferring WhatsApp chat history from Android to iOS has been updated to make it clear how to do it. Before proceeding, make sure that your Android device is on Android 5 or higher and iOS 15.5 or higher, and your iPhone has iOS 15.5 or higher installed. The migration occurs wirelessly, so both of your gadgets are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. It is also vital to connect your smartphones to a power source during the process. Now you can transfer your WhatsApp Chat data from Android to iOS.
How to migrate from Android to iPhone
- After opening the Move to iOS app on your Android phone, follow the on-screen instructions to enter the code.
- To do so, follow the on-screen instructions after opening the Move to iOS app on your Android phone.
- Once you’ve entered the code, tap Continue and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen.
- Click Start once the data is prepared, and you’ll be signed out from your Android phone.
- You’ll be asked to install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store, then open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
- If you’ve installed the latest version of WhatsApp, you’ll be prompted to transfer data from your Android phone to your iPhone.
- If you have installed the latest version of WhatsApp, you can transfer data from your Android phone to your iPhone using the steps described above.
When your new device is activated, your chats will appear on it. You must create a backup prior to receiving transferred data from iCloud. This data will remain on your device until you uninstall WhatsApp or wipe your phone.
Things to keep in mind before you Transfer WhatsApp Chat Data From Android to iOS
- Android OS Lollipop, SDK 21 or above, or Android 5 or above installed on your Android device
- iOS 15.5 or above installed on your iPhone
- Move to iOS app installed on your Android phone
- WhatsApp iOS version 126.96.36.199 or above on your new device
- WhatsApp Android version 188.8.131.52 or above on your old device
- Use the same phone number as your old phone on your new device
- Your iPhone must be factory new or reset to factory settings to pair with the Move to iOS app and move data from your Android phone
- Both of your devices must be connected to a power source
- Both of your devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network or you’ll need to connect your Android device to your iPhone’s hotspot