YouTube is among the most used platforms to stream and share videos on the internet. Many millions of users use each day to access diverse kinds of videos, such as entertainment, music, news and education. There are exceptions to this rule. YouTube videos are open and available to all. Certain videos are classified as private. That is to say that they are only accessible and seen by the person who uploaded them or people with permission or who have access to them.
Private YouTube videos differ from unlisted YouTube videos that are viewable by any who is able to access the video. YouTube videos that are private YouTube videos are not visible to the general public and can't be discovered or searched for through YouTube. The majority of them are utilized for confidential or personal uses, including sharing family video clips, evaluating new videos, or safeguarding private data.
But what if you want to download private YouTube videos for offline viewing or backup? Is it possible to do so without access or permission from the original uploader? And if so, how can you do it using different methods and tools?
In this article, we will answer these questions and show you how to download private YouTube videos easily and safely for Android, iOS, and PC. We will also discuss some of the drawbacks or risks of downloading private YouTube videos, such as violating the privacy of the original uploader, infringing copyright laws, or exposing your device to malware.
Table of Contents
What are private YouTube videos?
Private YouTube videos are videos that can only be viewed by the uploader or by people who have permission or access to them. They are hidden from the public and cannot be searched or found on YouTube.
How can I view private YouTube videos?
You can view private YouTube videos if you have access or permission from the original uploader. You can either log in to your YouTube account and go to Your Videos > Content, or you can use the link or invitation that the uploader has sent you.
So, if you are interested in learning how to download private YouTube videos without access, read on and follow the steps below.
How to Download Private YouTube Videos with Access?
If you're able to or have permission to watch privately-owned YouTube videos, downloading them can be fairly simple. It is possible to use the official YouTube app or site to download them. Below are steps to download private YouTube videos that have access to:
- Go to YouTube on your device, then log in to your YouTube account.
- Click on the Videos section in the column on the left.
- Click on Content, and then you will be able to access the private channel video(s).
- Choose the desired video by clicking on the button at the bottom.
- Once you have done that, click on the three vertical dots (⋮), and the options will pop up. Select Download.
But, this technique can only be used to download private YouTube videos or ones that you were requested to watch by the person who uploaded them. If you're interested in knowing how you can download videos from private YouTube videos with no access to the internet, methods are described in the next section.
How to Download Private YouTube Videos Without Access?
If you wish to download private videos from YouTube using the account of someone else or a channel with no access rights to it, there are several ways to do it. The methods for doing this are classified by your internet computer or browser. Below, we'll discuss the most commonly used and successful ways here.
Using Developer Tools
If you are a Firefox user, you can use Network Developer Tools to download private YouTube videos. The Firefox Add-on called YouTube Video and Audio Downloader can be used to download YouTube videos. While there is a workaround to download it if you are a Chrome user, there is no surety that this method works fully well as you may need to have access or permission from the private video’s owner.
Here are the steps for using Network Developer Tools to download private YouTube videos:
- Install the YouTube Video and Audio Downloader add-on on your Firefox browser.
- Open YouTube and go to the private video that you want to download.
- Right-click on the page and select Inspect Element.
- Go to the Network tab and filter by Media.
- Play the video and look for a file that has a large size and ends with .mp4 or .webm.
Right-click on that file and select Copy > Copy URL.
- Paste the URL in a new tab and press Enter.
- The video will start playing in the new tab. Right-click on it and select Save Video As.
- Choose a name and location for saving the video on your device.
Using Third-Party Tools
There are several YouTube private downloader software which will assist you in downloading privately-owned YouTube videos. This article will outline the procedure for a few privately-owned YouTube video downloaders. So, they'll help you download privately owned YouTube videos for free.
SnapDownloader is an ad-free, safe video downloader application which allows downloading from more than 90 websites. In addition, it can convert to various formats too. The program offers more than download videos. The methods to utilize it follow the following steps.
- Click here to visit this SnapDownloader site and then click download now to try it at no cost.
- After you download it, run the app, and then either download the trial for free or purchase the complete version.
- Go to the browser tab then select YouTube.
- Sign in now with the YouTube account you have created.
- After that, go to the YouTube page that you wish to download and click Download.
- Click on the video to play it. The video will begin downloading.
After that, the YouTube video will begin downloading with the format you have selected as well as in high quality.
4K Video Downloader
As is widely recognized, YouTube private downloaders offer you direct access to hundreds of privately owned YouTube videos for direct downloading from YouTube. One such software application is the 4K Video Downloader which makes this possible.
- Launch the 4K Video Downloader.
- Once it opens, click on Tools > Preferences.
- Then select login.
- After that, log in to your YouTube account.
- As you get logged in, you will be able to see your account name next to “Logged in as”.
- Now copy the link to the private YouTube video that you want to download.
- Open the 4K Video Downloader and click on Paste Link.
- Next, select the format and quality you want and tap on Download.
Adjustments will then be made on a private YouTube video selected and downloaded.
ByClick Downloader operates similarly to other tools discussed so far; its method allows for video downloads from forty websites (not just YouTube!) and provides multiple formats of these downloads for easy viewing and downloads. Below you will find steps on how you can easily obtain private YouTube videos that come via this downloader.
- Click on ByClick Downloader's website and then click Download.
- Once it is downloaded.
- Select the country, then click on Next several times.
- When it's set up, simply click Run By-Click Downloader.
- Then you are able to download the private video using three steps: select the video, copy the URL, and then download the video.
Like the previous YouTube private video downloader tool and other programs too, such as VideoProc which allows you to download privately-owned YouTube videos. So if you have doubts about using third-party tools, and would prefer a secure method to download videos that are private YouTube videos, it is possible to make use of browser extensions too.
Using Browser Extension
If you're interested in knowing how you can download private YouTube videos YouTube by using extensions for your browser, then read this article. This article will explain the steps to follow for Firefox as well as Chrome in the following article.
For the ability to download private YouTube videos by using YouTube's Chrome extension for browsers, search Internet Download Manager (IDM). It's among the top add-ons used for downloading YouTube videos.
In the beginning, you need to download it and reboot the Chrome browser. Allow it to run and adhere to the instructions below:
- Start YouTube and then navigate to the video you want to download. you wish to download.
- When the Download This Video option opens, just click it.
- When you click it after that, you will be able to select the format, along with other kinds you'd like for the video.
- Once you have confirmed the settings, press Start Download.
After the private video is downloaded, a dialogue box to confirm the download will pop up.
If you're a Firefox person, in case using the Developer Tools method didn't work for you, do not fret! You can also use an extension in your browser to download YouTube videos that are private YouTube videos. Its steps are:
- Start Firefox and then go to the Video Downloader Professional Firefox website. Click on Add to Firefox
- After the extension is installed, you'll be able to download several options in terms of the quality and formats for downloading videos.
- Then, you are able to select the video's quality and then download your video.
What are the drawbacks or risks of downloading private YouTube videos?
Some of the drawbacks or risks of downloading private YouTube videos are violating the privacy of the original uploader, infringing copyright laws, or exposing your device to malware. You should be careful about what you download and install on your device and scan them with antivirus software before using them.
Downloading private YouTube videos is not impossible, but it is not easy either. You need to have access or permission from the original uploader or use some methods and tools that can bypass the privacy settings of YouTube.
However, before you try any of these methods or tools, you should be aware of some of the drawbacks or risks of downloading private YouTube videos, such as:
- Violating the privacy of the original uploader: Private YouTube videos are meant to be seen by a limited number of people who have been granted access by the uploader. By downloading them without their consent, you are infringing their right to control who can view their content.
- Infringing the copyright laws: Private YouTube videos may contain copyrighted material that belongs to someone else, such as music, images, or clips from other sources. By downloading them without authorization, you are violating the intellectual property rights of those owners.
- Exposing your device to malware: Some of the methods or tools that claim to download private YouTube videos may contain malicious software that can harm your device or steal your personal information. You should be careful about what you download and install on your device and scan them with antivirus software before using them.
Therefore, we recommend that you only download private YouTube videos for personal or educational purposes and not for commercial or illegal ones. You should also respect the privacy and rights of the original uploaders and ask for their permission before downloading their videos.
We hope this article has helped you learn how to download private YouTube videos easily and safely for Android, iOS, and PC. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know in the comments below. And if you liked this article, please share it with your friends and family who might find it useful.
Thank you for reading!