How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones/Speaker to your Nintendo Switch/Switch Lite
Nintendo released an upgrade of the Switch handheld consoles with Bluetooth audio capability — a highly sought-after feature. The Switch consoles include Bluetooth, however user can only connect suitable controls to the consoles before this update is released but never an audio device. This latest update now allows users to connect their Bluetooth wireless headphones and speakers to their consolas four years after the Switch was debuted.
This article will make it easy for you when you ask how to connect your favourite Bluetooth earphones (and or speaker). The following procedures are used to connect your Bluetooth devices to your Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite:
Table of Contents
1. Check that your Switch is running the latest software version
You must validate that your device is updated to the latest software version in order to match your audio device with Bluetooth. Below are the procedures to check your console’s version of the software:
- Go to your Nintendo Switch console for System Settings. Select the Gear icon below the screen to do this.
- Scroll to System and view the current console version on the right side of the screen.
Your console has to run version 13.0.0 and higher to connect a Bluetooth audio device. So you have to upgrade your device if your gadget runs a lesser version. You can move to step 3 if your device is running version 13.0.0 and later.
2. Update your Nintendo Switch
Tap ‘System Update’ to update your Nintendo Switch console. Your system should check for an update and download it if it is available. Once the update is downloaded and installed, your device has to restart.
3. Connect your Bluetooth Audio Device
Follow the below procedures to connect your Bluetooth audio device when you run the required version to support the Bluetooth audio device.
- Go to System Settings in step 1.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen on the left pane. You should notice a new Bluetooth Audio menu.
- On the right pane, select Pair Device. If AirPlane Mode is activated, you will be asked to switch it off.
- Put your audio device on Bluetooth and make sure it is paired.
Your Nintendo Switch will look for Bluetooth devices that are available.
- Select your Bluetooth device and the console will be associated with it once you see the device.
You now connect your favourite audio device to your Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite.
Note: You can have Bluetooth enabled, but the Airplane mode can be activated by heading to System Settings in Airplane mode. Turn on and turn Bluetooth to Airplane Mode.