Google has revealed that it will be introducing new advanced capabilities to enhance its productivity apps. However, these features will not be available to everyone worldwide, as they will be initially released to select individuals in the United States who have been deemed trustworthy, similar to the chatbot Bard.
Nevertheless, all users will eventually have access to these capabilities by the end of this year. These features will be integrated into several apps such as Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Gmail. For instance, within Google Docs, the AI interface will allow users to easily collaborate, summarize and brainstorm their ideas while writing.
In Gmail, the AI will be able to comprehend the context of brief bullet points and compose entire emails accordingly. Moreover, in Slides, users can produce visuals, audio, and videos in real-time, improving the overall quality of presentations.
Google has highlighted some of the features that will be introduced to all Google users in the near future.
- Draft, reply, summarize, and prioritize your Gmail
- Brainstorm, proofread, write, and rewrite in Docs
- Bring your creative vision to life with auto-generated images, audio, and video in Slides
- Go from raw data to insights and analysis via auto-completion, formula generation, and contextual categorization in Sheets
- Generate new backgrounds and capture notes in Meet
- Enable workflows for getting things done in Chat
Not only that, but users will also have the option to customize the tone of their writing to better suit the situation. The AI will be able to assist users by providing a draft based on a particular topic, condensing lengthy email chains to save time, and proofreading or even rewording their documents.