The Empower Your Career: Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program was launched by the Canadian government in 2007 to grant scholarships to students from CARICOM and establish institutional connections. The program has expanded to include the Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program (CCFLP) that provides professional development chances for administrators and faculty seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills of Canada. Additionally, it is aimed at those responsible for promoting student mobility between Canada and their home country/territory. Global Affairs Canada's International Scholarships Program administers this program, and it is recognized as a short-term exchange program.
Table of Contents
Studying in Canada
As an international student, opting to study in Canada can be a distinctive and rewarding encounter. Canada is renowned for its inclusive and diverse society, where international students are appreciated for the range of perspectives and diversity they offer to Canadian communities and classrooms.
Studying in Canada as an international student provides various advantages, which include:
- Top-notch education: Canadian colleges and universities furnish exceptional learning and research prospects, renowned worldwide for their quality.
- Multicultural ambiance: Canada boasts of a diverse population, with people from various cultural backgrounds, creating a hospitable and multicultural atmosphere for international students.
- Cost-effective education: As opposed to other countries, such as the US, Canada offers reasonably priced education, with many scholarships and funding options available for international students.
- Work and immigration prospects: Canada provides opportunities for international students to work and gain valuable experience after graduation, with numerous immigration programs that allow international students to obtain permanent residency.
- Quality lifestyle: Canada is celebrated for its high standards of living, safety, and picturesque landscapes, making it a desirable location to reside and pursue studies.
Notwithstanding, studying in Canada as an international student may pose certain challenges, such as adapting to new weather and culture, coping with homesickness, and financial constraints. Overall, the experience of studying in Canada as an international student can be gratifying and transformative.
Empower Your Career: Join the 2023-24 Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program is available for those who wants to undertake Masters level programs at Canadian Universities.
The scholarship program offers a variety of subjects to study under its umbrella.
- All Subjects
Partial funding upto $11,100.
Scholarship funds should be used towards:
- ✔ visa or study/work permit fees
- ✔ airfare via the most direct and economical route
- ✔ health insurance
- ✔ living expenses, such as accommodation, utilities and food
- ✔ ground transportation, including a public transportation pass
- ✔ books and supplies required for their study or research, excluding computers and other equipment
Canadian institutions are eligible to receive:
- The scholarship program grants each recipient $500 to assist with administrative expenses after they arrive in Canada.
- In specific situations, the scholarship program may reimburse the recipient for any extra employer compliance fees paid to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.
This scholarship is open to international students from Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, and Turks and Caicos.
To be eligible, you must be:
- An individual who is a resident of any of the countries or territories that are members or associate members of CARICOM, namely Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, and Turks and Caicos,
- and is working full-time as a faculty member or international liaison officer/manager at a higher education institution in an eligible country/territory during the time of their application and throughout their stay in Canada.
Application instructions for Canadian institutions applying on behalf of eligible candidates.
- Assign a program coordinator to complete applications.
- Login or Create an account on Momentum to apply for the scholarship on behalf of candidates.
- Once you have logged into your account, select the Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program in the “For Non Canadians” section and click on “Apply Now”
- Enter data in the fields marked mandatory and follow instructions for each item.
- Upload all required supporting documents. Each document must be smaller than 5 MB and in .pdf, .jpg, .doc, .docx, .txt or .gif format.
- Verify the data prior to submission.
- Click “SUMBIT”. You will receive a confirmation message and a reference number for submitted applications.
- Print the form for your records using the print function in the browser.
Visit Help with Momentum for more information.
DEADLINE: 21 MARCH, 2023